Quick Guide to Attending SGDQ2018
Attendee registration opens March 3rd at 8PM EST. You must complete registration and pay off your balance in order to be at our event!
- Make a GDQ account if you don't already have one
- Make sure to fill out your profile, or update it if you haven't done so in a while!
- Starting on March 3rd at 8PM EST, visit your profile page to find the registration link.
- Complete the registration form.
- After completing the form, you will need to pay the balance of your account. Runners and volunteers who have been accepted
into the event will have their balance waived or refunded.
- Look for the green checkmark on your profile page. If you have the checkmark, you're good to go! (If you paid,
you will also receive a receipt in your email from our payment processor, Stripe)
Remember: Your registration is not complete until your balance is $0 and you have the green checkmark. We do not hold
spots for attendees who have not paid for registration. Once the event has reached its cap, or the deadline has passed, you will no longer
be able to complete your registration!
New to SGDQ2018: Registration Phases
We have decided to break up the registration process into two phases, in order to provide more people across the globe a chance at
securing a spot in the event. There is no additional cost for registering in the second phase. The first phase will have 1000 spots available.
The second phase will open up the remaining 1250 spots (plus any not taken from phase one). This multi-phase registration
system does NOT APPLY to hotel reservations, so make sure to book a room ASAP!
Phase One opens on March 3rd at 8PM EST. Cap is set at 1000.
Phase Two opens on March 10th at 10AM EST. Cap is set at 2250 (including the previous phase).
There are no extra steps necessary to register under this new system, simply head to your profile at the appropriate time in order to register. Phase
one does not close, it runs until Phase Two opens. Phase Two ends when registration closes on May 30th.
- Is there a waiting list?
- We do not have any plans for a waiting list at this time.
- Can I be notified when spots open (such as when a registration is cancelled)?
- Not at this time.
- Can I be notified of important updates?
- We announce important deadlines and updates most rapidly on our Twitter: @GamesDoneQuick. Follow us,
it's the best way to make sure you don't forget a deadline! Otherwise, our front page is regularly updated with new information regarding
registration, deadlines, etc.
- When are spots made available after a registration is cancelled?
- Can I transfer a registration to someone else?
- No. We also do not support gifting registrations at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience, however this ensures
more spots are available for those who definitely can attend.
- Can I get a refund?
- Yes, registrations can be refunded up until the registration deadline: May 30th. Once the deadline has passed, we cannot offer refunds, as we have already committed your payment to various services at the event.
- Do I need to be a runner to attend?
- No! Anyone is welcome to attend, as long as you were not previously banned from our events.
- Do runners/volunteers need to register?
- Yes! Everyone attending must register, regardless of status. Anyone selected as a runner or volunteer will be refunded any payment
they have made, but they must still register.
- What are the age limits?
- You must be 16 or older to attend by yourself. Those under 16 cannot register, they must have a parent register instead. Parents
should NOT register for their kids, only for themselves. Parents should make sure to include their childrens' names in their profile
information. Parents will need to attend and remain with their children at all times during the event.
- What do I need in order to attend?
- Besides a valid, paid registration, you must also have an authentic government photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc). If you do not have one,
please make a reasonable effort to secure one. Many states and countries offer IDs for a low cost, but can take weeks to secure, so do not
delay in applying for an ID. If you absolutely cannot secure such an ID in time, you should
contact us at email@example.com. Make sure to explain why you cannot supply an ID, and in what state/country you reside in. Alternative
ID can be arranged on a case-by-case basis, but only at our discretion, and only prior to the event. Your ID will be used at check-in to pick up
your badge, so if you don't have a usable ID, you can't attend!
- What about the hotel, is there a discount?
- Hotel discounts, and much much more information will be posted on our Attendance Guide made available shortly before registration opens.
Hotel reservations are also first come, first serve, so don't forget to book a room! We will be monitoring room availability, and
may provide a nearby overflow hotel if it becomes necessary. Keep in mind, selling or otherwise profiting from room reservations is explicitly banned by hotels, and
can result in your reservation being cancelled. Splitting a room with roommates is allowed.
- I have a question not answered here!
- Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @GamesDoneQuick or at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org