Games Done Quick Express heads to TwitchCon 2018!
Our speedrunning marathon for charity will be taking place October 26 — 28 at TwitchCon in San Jose
Give me the details!
Games Done Quick will be at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA. It will be supporting charities participating in TwitchCon's
Charity Plaza (details when they are announced). Tickets for TwitchCon, as well as the GDQx schedule, will be announced at a later date.
If you are interested in running for GDQx at TwitchCon, we will be opening submissions on our website on July 8th (one week after
SGDQ). Submissions will be open for one week, closing on July 14th.
We understand that many runners will not have time to prepare new
submissions, given the surprise nature of the announcement.
It is acceptable to simply update your submission as necessary and re-submit for this event. Runners who are selected for the event will be
receiving a free standard TwitchCon ticket in order to run at the event.
- What about watching in person?
- We will have a streaming room just like our other events! Just make sure to pick up a TwitchCon ticket when they are announced!
- Will this be streamed live?
- Absolutely, right on our channel, all day and night!
- Will there be a need for volunteers?
- Possibly. But we have nothing to announce for the moment. Stay tuned!
- What is GDQ Express (GDQx)?
- GDQx is our new title for our smaller scale events, as we explore further expansion of our event schedule.
- What charity(s) will this be benefiting?
- We will be benefiting the charities participating in TwitchCon's Charity Plaza. The exact charities will be announced later.
- Will donations still be going directly to the charities?
- No. All donations will go to an intermediary fund arranged by Twitch, in order to facilitate distribution to the participating charities in the TwitchCon
Charity Plaza. As with our other events, Games Done Quick does not have access to donation funds.
- How is this GDQ Express TwitchCon event funded?
- Via our sponsorships, we will be funding this directly, without any payment from the charities involved.